Perhaps you have a tooth that is badly worn, cracked, or broken, and you are going to need a crown to fix the issue. For some, the thought of going through the process of getting a crown scares them to the point that they are happy to just chewing on the opposite side of their mouth for the rest of their life. In the past, the process of getting a crown was long and painful for some, but the latest advances in dentistry have given patients the option to now have a crown completed from start to finish in a single appointment AKA same day dental crowns.
While many dentists still offer their patients the traditional lab-made crowns, the same-day crowns provide us the opportunity to repair your tooth with advanced technologies that only require one trip to our office. The process for traditional crowns required several dental visits, temporary crowns which often required several adjustment and occasionally came off before the permanent crown was completed. The whole process lends itself to prolonged discomfort and inconvenience.
Now, you can have that healthy and natural looking smile after a single visit to the dentist office. If you are dealing with a cracked, chipped, or broken tooth, our dental team will provide you the ease convenience, and comfort of a same-day dental crown!
9 Benefits of Same Day Dental Crowns
• When you choose to have the same day dental crowns procedure, only 1 appointment is required. When you are in our chair, you will have a fully function crown that improves your oral health, ability to chew and possibly improves your smile! Best of all it’s a one appointment process to prevent further damage and reduce the time you are uncomfortable
• As opposed to the traditional crowns that required multiple visits to the dentist office, with the same-day dental crowns, you are only going to get numb once. Depending on how you prefer the area around the tooth getting numb during the traditional crown procedure of the past, that could have meant getting the needle three or more times before the crown was placed on the tooth.
• Many people are hesitant to get crowns because patients in the past had unpleasant experiences with the traditional process. In order to make traditional crowns, impressions had to be taken and sent to a lab and the dentist had to place a temporary crown on the tooth until the lab work was done. Not only could these temporary crowns fall off and require even more time in the dentist chair, they would become loose, they occasionally made the surrounding areas very sensitive, they did not look natural, and they could cause pain if not placed properly. With same-day crowns, you will have a matching piece placed on the tooth the very same day.
• Ceramic crowns look great! By the time that you leave the dentist chair, you will be the only one who knows that a crown was placed over the tooth. They are made with natural looking color to match your existing teeth.
• Unlike the days when the teeth were drilled and covered with temporary cement, the same day crown is a perfect match that will become a permanent part of your teeth. The crown feels better, and allows you to resume chewing without fear of breaking a temporary bond.
• One of the biggest benefits for patients considering a same day crown is no more messy silicone impressions. The days of placing a tray with goopy slime inside to make an impression of the teeth are over. With same-day crowns, the dentist will gently prepare the tooth by taking a digital image with a specialized camera rather than those uncomfortable impression trays and goop that took several minutes to harden. Within seconds, our dentist will have the image on the screen where the creation of the crown can begin. The dentist will cement the new crown in place so you leave today with a new smile.
• The same day crown fits extremely well and will only require minimal adjustments once cemented in place. No more follow-up visits to the dentist to make sure the crown is seated correctly
• A traditional dental crown meant that the dentist had to remove more of your existing tooth in order for the crown to have a solid footing. Much of the original tooth was gone using that process, and the dentist would have to spend a considerable amount of time in your mouth drilling to secure the tooth shape. With the same day crown process, more of the original tooth can be preserved, and there will be considerably less drilling done to get the desired result.
• With the new same day crown procedure, everything is done in-house. While you’re sitting in the chair, the scan of your tooth is sent to the milling machine where the crown is sculpted to perfectly fit over your tooth. With the traditional crown process, the impression was sent to a lab, and the tooth was hand-carved, then sent back to the dentist. Over the course of a few visits to the dentist chair, eventually it was sculpted to fit over your tooth. All that back and forth time is eliminated, you only need one time in the dentist chair and you leave with your new smile.
Get ready to show off your new smile in a single visit!
For more information about same-day dental crowns, contact our Greeley dental office today and speak to one of our professional staff members!