Invisible Braces, also known as “Clear Aligner Therapy (CAT)” or “Invisalign”, uses a series of specially fitted plastic trays to gradually move teeth into a proper, functional and cosmetic position. Utilizing this method is the best choice for those who need minor corrections and want a straight, beautiful smile without having to deal with unsightly braces. The best part is that Clear Aligner Therapy usually only requires one set of impressions.
What Can Invisible Braces Correct?
Invisible braces can correct a number of issues. Aside from improving the appearance and alignment of your teeth, these braces can also help with the correction of other oral health related issues as well. These include:
- Spacing: Gaps between teeth can be unattractive, but they can also cause other dental health concerns as well. If you have missing teeth, the extra space can cause surrounding teeth to shift. The extra space between teeth can actually increase the risk of tooth decay and lead to gum disease.
- Crowding: Crowding can be a concern when your jaw is not large enough for all of your teeth to fit normally. As a result, teeth are fit tightly together. This can cause crooked teeth and discomfort. It can also make cleaning your teeth more difficult, which can lead to further dental health issues.
- Crossbite: This occurs when the top and bottom jaw are misaligned. A crossbite can make it difficult to chew, causes wearing of the teeth, and can even lead to jaw or other dental problems.
- Overbite: Overbite is more than just a cosmetic concern. It can also cause other dental and chewing issues as well, such as a painful jaw and the wearing of lower teeth. Overbite occurs when the top teeth overlap the bottom teeth.
- Underbite: This can occur when the lower teeth overlap the front teeth. Underbite is usually caused by undergrowth of the upper jaw or overgrowth of the lower jaw. This can make it difficult for the front teeth and molars to function properly.
The Benefits of Invisalign
Clear braces, such as Invisalign, help correct dental issues in a discreet way and provide you with more freedom than regular braces. There are many benefits to choosing invisible braces over traditional one. Clear braces:
- Straighten your teeth
- Treat a number of dental issues, like the ones listed above
- Are virtually invisible
- Allow you to brush and floss normally for improved oral health
- Allow you to eat whatever foods you want
- Are comfortable and easy to wear
- Require fewer dental visits
- Are generally more affordable than regular braces
Here at Ascent Family Dental, we choose to use the competitor to Invisalign – Clear Correct. Clear Correct provides great results like Invisalign does, but at a lower cost. This means that we can pass that savings on to you to make your braces more affordable. If you’ve always wanted to straighten out those crooked teeth but have been afraid of braces, come on in, and we’ll help you decide if Clear Aligner Therapy is right for you.